Tuesday 27 December 2011

JYC Days 11 and 12

Day 11 was time to think about the tree; how it is decorated, and special decorations, lights, tinsel and so on. This year Katy is doing photography GCSE so she has taken lots of photos and I used two of hers on this page. Our tree this year was meant to be red and white with a touch of silver to go in with a whole candy cane theme but when I unpacked all the decorations we had barely any red or white ones! We went with glass, and anything with red on it in the end and the compulsory lametta, red this year for a change, and I included a piece or two as an embellie.

Day 12 was about Christmas's past and as part of the book I just did for my Dad I had this picture of us at Christmas. I did struggle a bit to work out the exact date but we moved to our new house in November 1977 and the first Christmas we didn't have a piano and I think the whole of the lounge carpet was up as we had a leak somewhere. That makes me think this is probably '78 or'79 and I would have been 10 or 11 and Sarah would have been 7 or 8. Also the tree is stood where our TV was and we didn't have a TV that first year either!



No comments: