Wednesday 3 August 2011

A baby sardine.....

Every year, at the end of the school year, I make a little book for my class teacher, from the children. There have been a variety of shapes and sizes but this year I went for something a bit different. We took the children to a Music Festival where they sang the Spike Milligan song, "A baby sardine..." and they loved it. Then I found it on a card so I decided that is what it had to be!



I had been given this super shiny silver card so I made the tin with it "inside out" and painted up the outside to look like a real tin. I then cut out enough sardines for each child to write a message on the back and then using a blunt pencil they "drew" on the front.


Don't they look sweet? She was really pleased with it (luckily).



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linda said...

That's brilliant! Told you you are creative:)

Sid said...

What a fab idea nd so glad she liked it !!

salamanda said...

What a lovely idea and I am sure it will be very appreciated and treasured.