Thursday 17 March 2011

More of our life!

I really caught the patchwork bug last year and after the Guides trip to the V&A I was finally brave enough to do a project that had been in the planning for many, many years. Since my children were old enough to wear denim I have saved ALL of the denim they have worn over the years with the idea of making it into a quilt. Last year I did it and if you have been a follower for a while you will have seen that I made two. Well this is the page about making those two "memory" quilts.
The title needed to be a bit special so I used glimmer mist to colour some card that I punched into 1" squares that I then added the letters to. Took HOURS but I love the end result.
Guide Camp last year at an amazing site in Seaford called Sealarks. Really quiet and secluded and we had great weather (it was June). For once there is actually a pic of me too!
And last in this batch is the Scout's Annual Soap Box Derby. Buxted Scouts have won this for the last 4 or 5 years but sadly, this year they were beaten into second place! They did however win the Constructors Award.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda said...

great pages tash!

salamanda said...

Great pages. The patchwork ones works so well and I love the trail feel of the Guides page.