Saturday 26 February 2011

Extreme Knitting....

Here's some of the gang! Several of us managed to go to the "Make It" show in Farnborough. (from l-r,half of me, Helly, Sharon and Gilly) In Brighton I had seen these HUGE wooden knitting needles and pondered about buying some. Gilly did get some and having seen what she could do with them and her stash of wool I decided I HAD to have some too! Karen was really helpful and put up with all our dithering! Her website is just in the process of being set up but still pop and have a look.

I couldn't wait to get going so as soon as I got home I went up in the loft to get out all the wool I have stashed there. I could have sworn it was all orange but I found I had a nice selection of colours.... Just a couple of hours later I had a funky new cushion cover! I used 8 strands at a time, 2 red, 1 each of brown and cream, 3 different oranges and a bumpy wool that was orange, plum and greeny colours.It was so easy to do and very satisfying as I was using up all my odds and ends and feels so snuggly! I am now in the process of knitting a snuggly blanket........



5 comments:

Donna said...

Those are some big knitting needles!!!!

salamanda said...

That looks so huggable and cosy - amazing needles.

gillygilly said...

Those colours look fab, I have started Charlottes bedspread, it will take a little longer to finish this one.

Lorraine said...

love this..will have to get my cricket stumps out again..that is what Pat and I decided to use last year after seeing the huge knitting needles at a show!

BrightRedCat said...

I got my needles today!!!!! Still need to decide on what NOT to knit!!!
Have you found some suitable wool for you-know-what yet???

Have a good week!