Wednesday 30 December 2009

Next CJ Entry

For once I am actually ahead of myself! This CJ entry isn't due to be done until Jan 15th! However I woke up this morning with a really good idea pinging round my brain! The stamp was a rather lovely open wooden door and frame and it just made me think of "Alice In Wonderland". You know the bit where she is in the hallway and she finds the tiny door. Then she drinks the potion to make herself small enough to fit through.....
Rather spookily my sub copy of Craft Stamper arrived yesterday too with a great tutorial on image transfer. Now I have tried this technique several times in different ways and have yet to be successful! So today I found some pics of Alice on the net and armed with the article away I went! Well I can report that FINALLY I got it to work using acrylic paint!
The doorway just HAD to be shrunk in shrink plastic which I then coloured with distress inks. I was going to paint the view but my art skills are minimal and I thought it would spoil it, especially as there is a fantastic hand-painted entry in the CJ already!
For the BG I tried another new technique on my waiting list; stamping in gesso. I painted it thickly over the acrylic paint (used for the transfer remember!!) and stamped with a flourish. Once it was dry I overstamped the same flourish in green. I am quite pleased with the subtle image which shows up better IRL!

Right, that done I am off to catch up with my Christmas Journal......only 2 days behind so I will post some more pics of that when I get a mo!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous Tasha! Love the techniques you used xx

Sarah said...

ooh, this is my CJ :) love it! ta :)

Carol Q said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Q said...

woohoo, glad the image transfer worked Tasha. great CJ page too - love the subject.

Jackie Elwin said...

this is fabby - well done using the new techniques. You have inspired me to give the image transfer one a go again (disaster last time). Love the open door stamp too.

Lesley Edmonds said...

Ooo love it Tasha - I'm after the
Alice stamp plates myself........
this is beautiful though and well done on the transfer.........

Happy New Year
Lesley x