Saturday 30 May 2009

Just another tag today which I decided to do in an Andy Warhol style. I used a pic of Marilyn from the net which I stampified (is that a word?) on the pc! Then I remembered it is for a stamping challenge so added the rather luscious swirly BG! Not sure the I really stands out enough on this.....

In the afternoon I started what I think is going to be the most difficult thing I have ever made craftwise. I am making a book of photoes of my sister growing up, to give to her birth mother. Mum met her and she has said she would love to have some pics so this is how the story began. I am already being fraught with decisions...do I add pics of Mum? How many photoes should I use? Do I do it fancy or plain? And that is even without the practical considerations of size, colour and style. And then there are all the photoes which are scanned from dodgy, faded 1970s ones that have been kept in the loft so are grainy and muted in colour!
Despite my moaning I think it will turn out to be a lovely experience (I hope) if an emotional one and it has already begun many converstions in our house about my own birth mother. I think the best thing is that Mum is helping me to do this for my sister and she is amazing about it all. I will need to make her something special next I think.....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angelnorth said...

The tag looks fab Tasha, love the "stampified" Marilyn!

The book of photos sounds challenging but such a lovely project. It's hard to say but I don't think I'd shy away from choosing pictures that include your mum as well as your sister. Her birth mum may find it difficult but I bet she'll be keen to see that your sister was loved and cherished as she grew up and photos of her "in isolation" might not show that as well, IYSWIM. Good luck with it!